Govt of West Bengal has launched student credit scheme for students of west Bengal state. Many students leave the study due to financial condition. Now Bengal Govt has launched the scheme to encourage the students to pursue their further study. Govt has decided to help the students with the help of student credit loan scheme. Students can get maximum 10 lakh Rs limit at the rate of 4% simple interest for further study.
WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2024
WB govt student credit card scheme has been started from 01/07/2021 in west Bengal state. Gazette notification has been issued regarding this on dated 30/06/2021.
Feature & Objectives of WB Student credit card scheme
- The objective of this credit card scheme is to provide financial assistance to the students by the state government at a nominal rate of interest.
- Student should be resident of West Bengal for at least 10 years and pursuing education from class 10 onwards or studying in various competitive examinations and other similar courses offered in schools.
- It is very difficult for some children to get higher education due to financial constraints. Therefore, under this credit card scheme, students are provided an opportunity to get higher education with proper and financial assistance from the banking system.
- Under this scheme, the interested students can get a maximum of Rs.10.00 lakhs on fulfilling certain terms and conditions. Loans can be availed at 4% simple interest from Sector/Private Sector Banks operating in the State of West Bengal.
How to Apply for WB Student credit card scheme?
WB Student credit card scheme Eligibility and Process to Apply:-
- The student taking loan under the scheme should be an Indian citizen for the last 10 years and should be a resident of West Bengal.
- The student must have enrolled himself for higher studies under this scheme.
- Interested students shall apply online through web-based portal
- Interested students should not exceed 40 years of age at the time of applying for the loan.
- Students applying for credit card will apply with their Aadhar card or class X registration number on the respective portal through their respective institution to the Department of Higher Education
- The Higher Education Department will forward the applications after due scrutiny to the bank for acceptance and issuance of credit cards.
- The concerned bank after due scrutiny and on the basis of the recommendation given by the department will approve the applications and issue the credit card in physical form.
Steps to Apply online for Student credit card scheme West Bengal
- Visit the official website (link provided below).
- Click on the link student registration.
- Fill the required details and complete registration.
- After registration student will receive id password.
- Login in with your id password.
- Now fill all the required data and submit the form.
- After submission take printout for further use.
Important Details and Links
|Name of Scheme
|WB Student credit card scheme
|up 10 lac
|Interest Rate of WB Student credit card scheme
|WB Student credit card scheme Website Link
|User Manual To apply
If you are resident of West Bengal state and want to get loan for further study, then you can apply for loan under WBSCC West Bengal Student credit card scheme. To register and more details you can visit the official website.